Monday, June 25, 2012

#3-Attend a Festival

The Kite Festival in Kenosha is one of our favorite things to do at the beginning of summer down by the lake.  Jon has taken Jack the last few years and I've always had to work, but this year I got to go.  It was so neat.  There's professional kite fliers, which I didn't even know existed, and they do kite routines set to music.  It's amazing and awesome at the same time!  Very cool to see.  They also have huge kites that they put into the air but unfortunately this years wind wasn't cut out for it so none of them got off the ground.  The kite send off is neat though.  At 12 noon they have everyone who brought a kite send it in the air.  It's really neat to see so many kites against the great scenery of the beautiful lakeshore.  This event is totally free which is another great plus.  One of the many reasons I love Kenosha, for it's lakeshore, and free festivals!  This year our good friends Brett and Bridget Heimstead joined us and we had so much fun with them.  Here are some pictures from our day.



Us under our new umbrella/tent.  So happy we go this.  We've used it a lot already.  I think we had at least 5 people stop and ask us where we got it!  Apparently it's a hot commodity!



Bentley and Bridget



This was one of the big ones they tried to get up in the air for quite some time before they gave up.  I was disappointed since I had never seen them before.  But there's always next year.


Brett, Bridget and my boys


Wearing  mommy's shades!

Brett and Jack. Cute picture minus the Cubs T-Shirt!  I'm really going to  need to talk with Bridget about her husbands choice in clothing!  :)  J/K, it was really fun to have them along!

No comments:

Post a Comment